Same day or next day service. Measured by a Texas Certified Residential Appraiser.
Home sizes in the tax records, and even in older MLS records are often wrong, some by hundreds of square feet. We even find that homes can be a different size than what the builder shows on the floor plan for a model, and even from blueprints when last-minute changes were made.
Before you list your home for sale, get it professionally measured.
- Agents: Don’t let your deal go south by listing a home at a very different size than it actually is. Sometimes the size difference isn’t “discovered” until the appraisal is done by the buyer’s lender’s appraiser and the 3,200 sf home you listed for your clients is actually only 2,800 sf. While any two independent appraiser’s sketches/measurements will differ somewhat, they should be reasonably similar, and not differ by hundreds of square feet. Keep your deal together from the beginning by knowing what you’re listing, so you can price it right for the market area.
- Home Owners: If you are selling your home on your own, as a For Sale By Owner (FSBO), you need confidence that your home is the size that you represent it to be. Unless you have the proper training to measure a home, this isn’t something you want to try to do on your own.
- Buyers: if you’re concerned that the home your’re buying is smaller than advertised, make sure to get it independently measured during your option period.
Why You Need Our Home Measuring Service
- Size Matters: The size of a home is one of the key factors buyers and sellers use when determining the value of a property.
- Money Might be Left on the Table: If value and size are inextricably linked, you may be leaving money on the table for your client if you list a home as being smaller than it actually is. On the flip side, if you market a home as being larger than it truly is, you may end up with an angry buyer or an appraisal that doesn’t come in at a value that will support the financing requirements of the transaction.
- Peace of Mind is Priceless: When you have the sketch and the data to back up what you represent to be the size of your listing, your CMA and your guidance to your seller for pricing are stronger. Stand behind the numbers for your real estate pricing recommendations with confidence and peace of mind.
When you need more than just a calculation of a home’s Gross Living Area (GLA), our home measuring service can provide a more detailed representation of a home’s layout. Our home measuring services sketches show accurate exterior wall measurements of the dwelling. See the sample diagrams at the end of this article.
Don’t Get Caught Short: Call Appraisal IQ
- We will make the scheduling call on the day YOU call – your clients will not have to wait.
- Our home measuring service sketches are performed by a licensed real estate appraiser using state-of-the-art measuring tools and techniques.
- You will receive your professional sketch (in PDF format) within two days of the appointment, but frequently on the same day the measuring service is performed.
- Our $150 (and up, depending on the size and location) fee is tax-deductible to you as a business expense if you pay, or your clients can pay for the service themselves. We accept checks and credit/debit cards.
You Can Request Orders for Real Estate Appraisal Services or Home Measures:
- By email to email@example.com.
- By calling (512) 541-2107