Canyon Creek Subdivision in Austin Texas
Most of the homes in this area have mature trees in both the front and back yards, with brick or limestone on the exterior of the home. Sidewalks making walking easy, and Canyon Creek Elementary School (RRISD) is located within the boundaries of the subdivision (but not all of the houses map to it.) Most homes have mature landscaping, and most yards are well-kept.
For the 12 months ending August 17th, 2014:
- 81 homes sold, with a median price of $395,000 (range: $239,900 to $557,000), in a median of 4 days on the market.
- The median size was 3,050 square feet (range: 1,643 to 4,448 square feet)
- 19 homes are currently for sale, ranging from $339,000 for 2,338 square feet built in 1994 to $615,000 for 3,696 built in 2004.
Contrast that with these stats we published almost 2 years ago:
For the 6 months ending September 20th, 2012:
- 63 single-family listings sold for a median price of $335,000 (range: $230,000 to $449,500) in a median of 7 days.
- 14 properties are currently for sale ranging from $225,000 to $449,900.
- Of the 92 properties with market activity in the last 6 months, sizes ranged from 1,658 square feet for a single-family detached condo in the Villas at Canyon Creek to 4,449 square feet for a home built in 2004 with 5 bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Lot sizes for these 92 homes ranges from .135 acres to .336 acres.
Schools for the Canyon Creek Subdivision
Amenities for 78726
When I first moved to Austin in 2004, the shopping along 620 was pitiful: a few places to buy rocks and swingsets and a handful of other businesses. In the last 8 years, a giant HEB opened up on the corner of Anderson Mill and 620 and a huge Home Depot opened as well. Now the whole corridor has a decent selection of places to buy stuff you need without having to drive “in to town”. Stuff like moving boxes, BBQ and even bigger swingsets.