A quick real estate market data update for the city of Austin, Texas for the last two 9 month periods:
- A quick view at how our market is doing comparing the following two periods: January 1st, 2009 to September 25, 2009 and January 1st, 2010 to September 25, 2010
- Between January 1st, 2010 and September 25, 2010, 6,054 homes have sold in Austin.
- Compared to 6,230 homes sold for the same period in 2009
- This shows that we’ve had a slight decline of ~3% in actual market activity for 2010.
However for the 6,054 homes that have sold in 2010:
- The Median Home Price was $245,000!
- When compared to the 6,230 homes that sold in the same period in 2009
- The Median Home Price (half sold above, half sold below) was $233,325.
- This shows that we’ve had a slight increase int the Median Home Price of ~5%
Also on a good note for all Austinites:
- The median days on the market for 2009 was at 43 Days.
- This year it has been 36 Days
- Which means houses are selling in less time and for more money
- What does this mean? Are we actually doing Better? or is this just the remaining
dust cloud left behind by the artificially (tax credit) manipulated market?
If you would like to have your neighborhood featured on our site, feel free to contact me at askOrlando@theappraisaliq.com and just type the name of your community on the subject line. I look forward to hearing from you.